Summary Report (2014)
Patient survey forms were handed to 50 patients to complete the questionnaire approved by the PPG. All 50 surveys forms were completed and returned to the practice.
The results were as follows:-
|18 / 30 yrs
|31 / 50 yrs
|51 / 65 yrs
|Overall Care - satisfied / very satisfied
|Care from GP
|See Nurse Practitioner instead of GP
|Ordering repeat prescriptions
|Treatment from reception Staff
|Complaints / Compliments Procedures
|Information and Prevention
Telephone System and Waiting Times
The senior management has predominantly been focusing on improving telephone system and waiting times.
Telephone contacts has improved by 3.03% Only 10% of patients have expressed quite dissatisfaction, very dissatisfaction with telephone contacts. We are still working on this, by looking at the staff mix and working times of receptionists and intent to make a few changes next year when we have a full compliment of staff in the practice.
We have introduced telephone answering policy and other appropriate reception staff policies this year and many patients have congratulated the practice on the improvements of the practices face to face contact with patients.
The new changes introduced in the practice are on-line appointment and repeat prescriptions and those patients who have started using this facility, 84.45% are very satisfied / satisfied with the service.
There has been 17% improvement in waiting times from last year. Due to preference of patients to see their choice of a GP who is very thorough, but runs late, there are a few (10%) of patients who are dissatisfied with the service. No changes can be done to this particular GPs working ethos, but if the patients do not want to wait, they are given the option to see another GP in the Practice.
Complaints / Compliments Procedure
Only one person was dissatisfied with our complaints procedure, whereas nearly half of our patients had no cause to complain about the practice.
Action Plan from the Survey has been agreed with the the PPG members on which we are currently working (see PPG Action template for 2014-15).
Following are a few of the variety of comments received from patients on our survey :-
1. Excellent – Everything is excellent and Dr Singh is very nice and understanding and has great patience ……..
2. Can not fault the surgery in any way, The Doctors are super, especially Dr Parekh.
3. Its lovely, Dr Singh and staff.
4. The practice must be looking after a large number of patients all the time and receptionists and doctors etc always give help and consideration. Anyone who is dissatisfied are unable to realise what the practice has to contend with.
5. Have always been able to see the doctor with myself and my children. Very satisfied.
6. Wait too long after checking yourself in sometimes. Waiting around 1 hour when once seen the doctor, takes 10 minutes. Waiting time should be looked at.
7. Reminder for annual review – emails would be helpful.
8. Happy with the service - had for last 4 years.
9. Been a patient with the practice for 40 years – very satisfied with care and confidence.
10. If you choose which GP for your appointment carefully, waiting times are not bad.
11. Always satisfied with service given in surgery, thankful that we have such a good NHS service.
12. Grateful for the good service and treatment we receive, so lucky to have the NHS.
13. Counter Reception staff are very amiable and efficient.
14. This surgery meets requirements excellently.
15. The new Dr Gosavi is very pleasant and helpful – nothing too much trouble.
There are many positive comments in the similar line as above which gives encouragement to staff and doctors to keep aiming and achieving very high standards.
Report prepared by
Dr (Mrs) R Singh
Director of Management.